The property known as the Moirax farmhouse is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by gitedanslejardin.com (the Owners) to the renter (the Client).
1. To reserve the Gite, the Client should check current availability by internet or phone, print out the booking form and indicate acceptance of these terms and conditions. The booking form should be returned with payment by bank transfer of the initial non-refundable deposit (20% of the total rent due plus security deposit) within fourteen days. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owners will return a confirmation letter and balance statement. This constitutes the formal acceptance of the booking.
Payment is to be made in Sterling.
2. The Owners reserve the right to refuse any booking without an explanation. In the event of this happening the Client will be advised in writing of any such refusal and all payment will be refunded to the Client.
3. The Client is strongly advised to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability, etc., since this is not covered by the Owner's insurance.
4. The balance of the rental, plus the security deposit (see clause 6) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If the balance is not received by the due date, the Owners reserve the right to give written notice that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the owners are able to re-let the property.
5. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
6. A separate security deposit of £100.00 is required when booking, to cover minor damage/losses to/from the property or its contents. However the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client's liability to the Owners. The Owners will account to the Client for the security deposit and will refund the security deposit within two weeks of day of departure subject to clause 12.
7. Dishonoured cheques will automatically cancel any reservation made, and the Owners will advise the Client accordingly.
8. The rental period shall be Saturday to Saturday and commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owner will not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client will not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
9. The maximum number of people (including children) occupying the gite must not exceed seven plus a baby unless permission has been granted by the Owners in writing.
10. The Owners will provide bedding, bed linen and tea towels, as are Personal hand and bath towels. Please note, there is no linen provided for the cot.
11. The Owners operate a no smoking policy inside the property for the comfort of future guests and to satisfy fire regulations. Any Client disregarding this condition will forfeit their security deposit.
12. The Client and their party agree to be considerate tenants and take good care of the property and its contents, and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of their stay. Although a final cleaning is included in the rental price, the Owners reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover cleaning costs if the Client leaves it in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way that might cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
13. Without delay, the Client shall report to the Owners (or their local agents) any defects to the property or breakdown of equipment or appliances in the property and grounds. The Owners will then be able to make arrangements to repair/rectify the problem at the earliest opportunity.
14. The Owners shall not be liable to the Client:-
- a. For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery, or appliance in the property or garden.
- b. For the loss, damage or injury, this is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owners.
- c. For the loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owners shall within seven days of notification to the Client, refund all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
15. Under no circumstances shall the Owners liability exceed the amount paid to the Owners for the rental period.
16. Once the Owners confirm the booking, these booking conditions form part of the contract.
17. This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular.